Time and Location
TouchDevelop brings a modern programming experience to devices where touch is the primary input mechanism, such as smartphones and tablets. The TouchDevelop environment does this through an interlocking set of features, including:
- a simple statically-typed scripting language;
- syntax-directed editing with a context-sensitive virtual keyboard;
- code completion and refactoring features;
- integrated search of platform APIs;
- cloud-based sharing, searching, and synthesis of code.
Thomas (Tom) Ball is a Principal Researcher and Research Manager at Microsoft Research Redmond, where he works in the area of software engineering, having made contributions in program profiling, software model checking, and empirical software engineering. Tom is a 2011 ACM Fellow.